• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Import .THM files not .Mov files from a canon camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichingfeet

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System:OSX 10.11.6
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Classic 7.1

When I import the contents of my compact flash card (canon camera) lightroom imports only the .THM files and not the associated .MOV files. Previously lightroom didn't import the thumbnail files at all, only the .MOV files, which is obviously the desired result.

It would appear that the programme is identifying the video files only with the thumbnail file and importing the .THM files whereas previously it identified the .MOV file correctly and only imported those.

This is a obviously a massive problem! Now I can't trust lightrooms import process and have to manually go through the compact flash card to make sure the video files have been imported in the finder and if not trash the .THM files and see if lightroom then imports the video files if not I have to import them through finder and then get lightroom to recognise them.

Anyone else suffering a similar problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back