There were no rejected photos to delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Crane

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I have a problem that happens most of the time, but not every single time.

When I'm viewing a folder with photos flagged as rejected and press Ctrl-Backspace to delete them, a message box appears with the message "There were no rejected photos to delete". This displays immediately, after which I see the folder get filtered to show only the rejected photos; this happening behind the message box. If I OK the message box the filter is cleared and all images are shown again. Pressing Ctrl-Backspace a second time always results in the delete action happening as expected.

Anyone seen this or have any idea why it happens?

This may be a Windows thing, maybe a Windows user could verify this please.....

I have had this problem also and found only one guranteed way to make the Delte of Rejected photos work.

1. Mark any required photos as rejected as normal.
2. Select ALL PHOTOGRAPHS from the Library view.
3. Now press CTrl+Backspace and the Delete button will now also be shown.

Hope this helps others as taken a while to uncover this wierd rule to make the Delete button appear for Rejected photos.

Wayne Drury, Northants, ENGLAND
System: Custom PC, Vista, 2gb, Geforce 76'' 256mb, 64'gb HD, 19" Samsung
Perpiherals: Epson R3'' Stylus printer, Spyder2, Western Digital 32'gb NAS
Photo Applications: Lightroom 1.2, Photoshop Elements 4, QiMage, NeatImage, plus others.

COMING SOON: Nikon D8' (hopeful D9' out before), Nikkor 18-2''mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR IF-ED, Sigma 15'mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM APO Macro

When I'm viewing a folder with photos flagged as rejected and press Ctrl-Backspace to delete them, a message box appears with the message "There were no rejected photos to delete". This displays immediately, after which I see the folder get filtered to show only the rejected photos; this happening behind the message box. If I OK the message box the filter is cleared and all images are shown again. Pressing Ctrl-Backspace a second time always results in the delete action happening as expected.

I see this some what frequently on my Mac. I'm embarrassed to say that I've never put much effort into figuring out what causes it. It's one of those annoyances I've lived with but probably shouldn't ;-)

Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back