There has to be a way to restore the edits of 700 photos I just accidentally removed from LR catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter DeGiglio

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Please tell me that I did not just WASTE the last 24 hours of my life. I have been editing over 700 photographs since yesterday morning. I was going through them one last time to make slight adjustments and found a photo that I hadn't noticed was out of focus before so I decided to remove it. Well, I guess I had accidentally selected "select all" and send all 700 photos, edits and all, in the trash....

Hahahahahahaha... not funny.

So, anyway, what is the keyboard shortcut that undoes this in one second? Because there has to be one, right? I didn't just waste an entire day of my life that I won't ever get back, right?

Can't wait to hear what button to press to make tis problem go away instantly! Thanks!

-Peter

Edit - Undo Remove Photos.

Welcome to the forum. If you haven't exited LR AND chose "Remove" AND did not choose "Delete From Disk" , then you should be able to recover with the "Undo" command.

Wouldn't that be awesome if that were an option though?

It is an option, unless you did not only remove the photos from the catalog, but also deleted them from disk. If you did that, then there is no way back.

As you are using a Mac, do you use Time Machine backup? If so, you could try if that is a solution. Time Machine makes hourly backups, so you might be lucky and find a useable backup that contains most of the edits. Don't trash your current catalog, though. A catalog from a Time Machine backup might be unstable, if it was copied while you were working on it.

Couldn't you first go to the trash and recover them and then use Undo? That's assuming you haven't exited LR, of course.

Couldn't you first go to the trash and recover them and then use Undo? That's assuming you haven't exited LR, of course.

I don't think undo is available if you deleted the files from disk.

You could well be right, but if the world were a rational place, it would be. :)

Yep, it isn't.
While true, The deleted image files are most likely there for re-editing.

I infer from the OP's "Wouldn't that be awesome..." comment that the button pressed was {Delete} and not {Remove} even though "remove" was the operative word used by the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back