The 'Virtualness' Of It All

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Simonius

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Soorry to be sucha bother but here we go again .. confused Simon.. I just lookd in my RAW_IN folder and in LR there's 2' images. 'Too few' I think to myself.. I must have done something last night that I can't remember now, i.e. where's the rest - what have I done with them? So I look in my RAW_IN foler on the HD - empty-- right I must have moved the lot to Back_UP' so what happens now to the images in the lR 'RAW_IN" folder, can I still workn on them , can I move them to RAW_Back_UP, should I trash them, and reopen them from back up , if so , how do I rmeember which tey were without writing all the file names down?

In fcat it says 'File could not be pened' when I try to work on it - hey ho..

ahhI see the question mark and the 'missing files section'

-how do I find where those files really are now?
(can we have a sctraching head emoticon please :? just add it as my avatar)

Ooooh, you've got in a bit of a muddle there Simon, haven't you! It's ok, there's no one else here to notice!

So let me get this right....

You copy files to your hard drive, and put them into RAW_IN folder. And then you moved the files on the hard drive into Back_UP folder, but you didn't tell LR what you'd done. Am I right so far?

And now you want to work on those 2' files which LR thinks are in RAW_IN but can't find, and they are actually in Back_UP instead. Am I still with you?

Well, if you know where the files are, it's really easy. Click on the little question mark, and tell it to find the files in Back_UP. It should have a think about it and then update the others for you, if you're really fortunate.

If you don't where the files are now, it's time to figure out your operating system's search function!

Ooooh, you've got in a bit of a muddle there Simon, haven't you! It's ok, there's no one else here to notice!

So let me get this right....

You copy files to your hard drive, and put them into RAW_IN folder. And then you moved the files on the hard drive into Back_UP folder, but you didn't tell LR what you'd done. Am I right so far?

And now you want to work on those 2' files which LR thinks are in RAW_IN but can't find, and they are actually in Back_UP instead. Am I still with you?

Well, if you know where the files are, it's really easy. Click on the little question mark, and tell it to find the files in Back_UP. It should have a think about it and then update the others for you, if you're really fortunate.

If you don't where the files are now, it's time to figure out your operating system's search function!

ahh so that little question mark actually does something!

OK got it thanks - cool

Well I did have to use that lil ol search function and the files were in the Trash (qu????) howd 'at happen? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back