• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

The Up-Down Slider Bar to the Far right in the Develop Module

GregJ

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
The lates CC Classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm a travel photographer and I shoot a lot. I edit Fuji RAF raw files (both MF and APSC) in LR constantly on the road and at home. At home I have a great pro 32 inch 4k photo editing monitor and life is good when you are on that beautiful screen with Adobe LR and a powerful gaming PC.
But one thing I have hated for years and that drives me crazy is the extremely slender slider bar for navigating up and down the develop module while editing. It is hard to grab onto with the mouse, which means I constantly miss it, which hides and unhides the develop module. I have plenty of screen real estate, especially laterally, so I need to make that slender bar about 4 times wider. I use that bar more than anything in LR. While editing, I'm constantly going up and down the develop screen with all the sliders. Grabbing that tiny little sliver of a bar is hard. It needs to be much wider.
I have searched the menus and find no way of making it wider. I bet there is some simple way to fix this. This is my number one LR problem and I have lived with it for years. Never really thought to ask about it. Simple fix? Please tell me how to make that bar 4 times wider.
Greg Johnson in San Antonio

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I don't know a way to make it wider, but doesn't your mouse scroll wheel work to move the collection of panels up and down?

GregJ

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
I am a true moron. Seriously.... How could I not have ever known this! I put the mouse anywhere in the entire area of the development module sliders and the mouse wheel moves it up and down. I don't even need that slender bar. I had no idea. How could I have not stumbled onto this in many years of LR editing.
Good Lord that is embarrassing. And I'm a computer guy and built my own photo editing PC slash gaming rig.
Thanks. I am an idiot.