The Turning Gate's LR-based photoblog

Status
Not open for further replies.

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
I recently published techniques for photoblogging via Lightroom. I've finally finished putting together my new photoblog based on these techniques, for anyone interested in having a look. The blog updates via a Lightroom Export preset.

Welcome Matthew. Nice to see you on board. Please do fill in System info in a Signature at the User CP. Include your full name in the sig. We're a 'Professional' forum here.

Do check out the Website Member Introduction Sub forum as well.

:)

Good to see you on board Matthew.

I'll check out your photoblog in a mo then!

theturninggate;8'7 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I setup a signature per specifications, so I'll just press Post and see whether it works. ;)
Oh, it does.

See ya around!

Don

Sudden insight?

:? Seems to be working for me. What problem?
I'm thinking Matthew means his original post and his sudden status here?

:cheesy:

Don

No, I keep getting an error loading the flickrmss.php file the tells the gallery what to rope in from Flickr. The error comes and goes as I rearrange my set, but I haven't been able to pin down the cause ...

Okay, I may have narrowed it down now to the cache_period setting in the php file. Why are websites so irritating, and if they irritate me so, why do I keep making them?!

No, I keep getting an error loading the flickrmss.php file the tells the gallery what to rope in from Flickr. The error comes and goes as I rearrange my set, but I haven't been able to pin down the cause ...
SO your saying he problem you are having is off this site?

Don

Okay, I may have narrowed it down now to the cache_period setting in the php file. Why are websites so irritating, and if they irritate me so, why do I keep making them?!

Believe me... I know how you feel. Ever administer a vBulletin Site?

Well it looked great to me Matthew!

Thanks, Victoria.

I think the problem was the cache period. Probably trying to cache too many images too often. I set it back to one caching per day, and it seems to be working nicely now. Will have to keep an eye on it until I'm confident, though.

theturninggate;8'7 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I setup a signature per specifications, so I'll just press Post and see whether it works. ;)

Matthew, it is so good to see you here. Your information and insight is an inspiration.
You may wish to add a link to your site in your signature.

Hi Matthew, Love your site and photos. Thank you for being so generous with your site and tips for making a photoblog.

I have one slight problem though, I have a couple of toolbars loaded and because your main gallery page doesn't have scroll bars, I cannot see the whole page without removing one of the toolbars. Are you able to add a vertical scrollbar?

BTW - this is when viewed on a widescreen laptop.

BogongBreeze,

I've made accommodations. On the main screen of the blog, you'll find a new magnifying glass icon with a minus symbol. Click this to load a more resolution conservative version of the blog, designed to fit within the viewport of IE6 at 1'24x768 screen resolutions. Please let me know what you think.

http://www.theturninggate.net/photoblog/

Cheers,
Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back