• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

The Turning Gate's LR-based photoblog

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
I recently published techniques for photoblogging via Lightroom. I've finally finished putting together my new photoblog based on these techniques, for anyone interested in having a look. The blog updates via a Lightroom Export preset.

DonRicklin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Welcome Matthew. Nice to see you on board. Please do fill in System info in a Signature at the User CP. Include your full name in the sig. We're a 'Professional' forum here.

Do check out the Website Member Introduction Sub forum as well.

:)

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Good to see you on board Matthew.

I'll check out your photoblog in a mo then!

DonRicklin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
theturninggate;8'7 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I setup a signature per specifications, so I'll just press Post and see whether it works. ;)
Oh, it does.

See ya around!

Don

DonRicklin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Sudden insight?

:? Seems to be working for me. What problem?
I'm thinking Matthew means his original post and his sudden status here?

:cheesy:

Don

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
No, I keep getting an error loading the flickrmss.php file the tells the gallery what to rope in from Flickr. The error comes and goes as I rearrange my set, but I haven't been able to pin down the cause ...

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Okay, I may have narrowed it down now to the cache_period setting in the php file. Why are websites so irritating, and if they irritate me so, why do I keep making them?!

DonRicklin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
No, I keep getting an error loading the flickrmss.php file the tells the gallery what to rope in from Flickr. The error comes and goes as I rearrange my set, but I haven't been able to pin down the cause ...
SO your saying he problem you are having is off this site?

Don

Ian Farlow

Founder
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Okay, I may have narrowed it down now to the cache_period setting in the php file. Why are websites so irritating, and if they irritate me so, why do I keep making them?!

Believe me... I know how you feel. Ever administer a vBulletin Site?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Well it looked great to me Matthew!

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Thanks, Victoria.

I think the problem was the cache period. Probably trying to cache too many images too often. I set it back to one caching per day, and it seems to be working nicely now. Will have to keep an eye on it until I'm confident, though.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
theturninggate;8'7 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I setup a signature per specifications, so I'll just press Post and see whether it works. ;)

Matthew, it is so good to see you here. Your information and insight is an inspiration.
You may wish to add a link to your site in your signature.

B

BogongBreeze

Hi Matthew, Love your site and photos. Thank you for being so generous with your site and tips for making a photoblog.

I have one slight problem though, I have a couple of toolbars loaded and because your main gallery page doesn't have scroll bars, I cannot see the whole page without removing one of the toolbars. Are you able to add a vertical scrollbar?

BTW - this is when viewed on a widescreen laptop.

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
BogongBreeze,

I've made accommodations. On the main screen of the blog, you'll find a new magnifying glass icon with a minus symbol. Click this to load a more resolution conservative version of the blog, designed to fit within the viewport of IE6 at 1'24x768 screen resolutions. Please let me know what you think.

http://www.theturninggate.net/photoblog/

Cheers,
Matthew