• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

The Starter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denis Pagé

Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
So you are new to Lightroom and do not know where to start?

Here are some most essentials to read: :D

Adobe Lightroom 5 - Quick Start Guide (76 page free eBook)

And also these popular threads:

The Basics - Quick Start Essentials
Lightroom Top 10 Gotchas (or stuff you wish you'd known when you started)
On the many-headed evils of controlling your pictures with more than one catalogue
Why did Lightroom 'ruin' my photo?
How to use LR, or "Where are my Pictures?"
How to use Lightroom, or "Where's the Save Button"
Using Date-based folders (scroll down for English)
Lightroom files and folders and the import process

There is always the excellent Adobe's Lightroom help site that you can access from your Help Menu if you want more but it can lead you away from the basics:
In English
In French
In German

As others "you must know" topics and tutorials are published from time to time, feel free to PM me with your suggested link and I will give it consideration to be included here. Remember that I do not seek any usefull link here but the most basic ones every new user should be aware of.

I wrote this one being tired of reconstructing it too many often... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back