Not open for further replies.

Johan Elzenga

Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
When I'm typing a message on my computer, I frequently get the following error. After clicking away the message, everything seems to be fine, but sometimes my message is lost and I have to start all over again. In fact, it also happened while I typed this message...

Lightroom.jpg

Johan,

What broswer and version?

Tim

Try Chrome or Firefox. The idea is to determine if the issue is specific to the Safari browser. I rarely use Safari, and have never seen this issue.

It started only a while after the new forum software was introduced, so I doubt that it's specific to Safari. Also, Safari for MacOS X and Safari for iOS are different beasts. The first thing I'm checking right now is if it has something to do with ad blockers. I do have AdBlock Plus installed on MacOS X (I've disabled it now for the Lightroomforums domain). On my iPad I use a speciale system-wide blocker called 'Weblock'. It does not just block adds in Safari, but in any internet-going app. Again I've disabled it for this domain, so let's wait and see. It doesn't always happen, so it needs some time. I have not seen the error yet after disabling the adblockers, however...

I've never seen the issue. I usually use Chrome on both OSX and Win10 for LRF, though occasionally use Firefox as well. All browsers have AdBlock installed and activated.

On iPad i use either Chrome or Mercury, again not seen the problem (though my use of LRF is quite low there).

I'm typing this first of all to see if something happens. This is typed on the iPad and so far so good. No errors. It's looking more and more like this could be the adblockers after all. Maybe it's the combination of Safari and adblocker. Anyone else use this combo?

Try Chrome or Firefox. The idea is to determine if the issue is specific to the Safari browser. I rarely use Safari, and have never seen this issue.
I use Safari exclusively and have not seen it. (no AdBlockers).

Well, I haven't seen it anymore since I disabled the adblockers, so it looks like this was indeed the cause.

There is one other possibility, but that is rather far fetched. I installed a new Sitecom dualband router about a week ago, and the errors may have started around that same time (no way to be sure, however). Today, around the same time that I disabled the adblockers, I updated the firmware in the router. However, that would mean that somehow the router firmware caused this problem, and only 'lightroomqueen.com/community' was affected of all the websites I visit and all the other things I do on the internet. It's not 100% impossible though, because I don't think I participated in any other forums that use the same forum software.

Anyway, it does seem that the problem is over, because I can type this message too (on my Mac this time) without getting an error.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just turned my Safari AdBlocker back on to test your theory.

I did the same to see what happens. If the error doesn't return from time to time, then the Sitecom router may be the only other explanation, but there is obviously no way to test that.

I googled and found a couple of other reports, but nothing solid. I've been using Safari from the start, on my iPad and 2 Macs, and haven't seen the error at all.

Phew! I love problems that magically fix themselves!

Last time I did that, I lost my internet connection!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back