• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

"The request cannot be fulfiled (sic) due to bad syntax"

Status
Not open for further replies.

camner

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
When (re)publishing modified photos, a specific set of four images fail to republish with the error message The request cannot be fulfiled due to bad syntax (the misspelled word is in the error message). I have never received this message before, and cannot find anything about it through either a Google search or search of this forum.

SmugMug. Perhaps I should open a ticket with them. They are usually pretty responsive. Though given the error message, it isn't clear if the issue is with LR, their plugin, or something else.

I’m pretty sure the error is from the Smugmug plug-in. If you post a screen shot of the error and the surrounding LR window, that will help verify.

There error is definitely common from the Smugmug plugin. It's contained in one of its files:
Code:
$ strings SmCommon.lua | grep -i fulfiled
$$$/SmugMug/Error/Service/BadRequest/Info=The request cannot be fulfiled due to bad syntax.

Sorry for the delay; I was out of town for a few days. I think you are right about the error message coming from the SmugMug plug-in (too bad the error message doesn't disclose that fact... it would've saved a lot of time hunting around). After reading your message I created a new gallery at SmugMug and uploaded all of the pictures from the old gallery, including the four images that were causing the headache. All uploaded successfully. I then deleted the old gallery, and I think I'm good to go.

Thanks very much, as always, for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back