• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

The power of the range mask is undersold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic v 8.0
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I just got finished with some post processing work of a forest scene in the fall. I wanted to selectively brighten and enhance the saturation of some of the yellow and orange leaves.
With the LR adjustment brush and the range mask in "color" , it became a two minute job. If I had to take the photo into Photoshop, it would have been a much more difficult and time consuming process involving some complicated masking.

If you haven't used this relatively new feature (v7.x as I recall) - try it. You will really like it. I have used it before, but when I used it on these multiple small leaves, the power and ease of use really came through.

I have used quite some times and also really like it. Had some cases where the result was not optimal but in most of the cases it was really good.

Regards,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back