Develop module The file is not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

slouke

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Perpetual version: 5.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello Hive Mind,
I migrated from an old Win7 laptop with LR5.7 to a new Win10 desktop. I followed the instructions in the downloaded book "Moving To A New Computer" and then used my original CD (LR5.2) to install on the new PC and all the pictures, etc. showed up correctly the first time! I could not upgrade to 5.7, it appears to not be available on the Adobe web site...
Then I clicked on one picture at random and tried to develop it and it said "The file is not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom." In looking around more, some pictures work and some do not. It looks like only the ones taken with my Nikon D5300 are not working. I did bring over the Nikon tether plugin from 5.7. I seem to remember that I had to upgrade to 5.7 to be able to use the D5300, but my memory from so long ago is a little foggy...
Two questions:
1. Is there another plugin I'm missing?
2. Where do I go to get 5.7.1 (latest ver of 5)?
Thanks,
Sam

Welcome to the forum. You can contact Adobe customer support and they will provide you with a link to 5.7.1, as it is no longer available as a download on their web site. It may take a few minutes to contact support and get a response, but you should eventually end up with a working link.

Good luck,

--Ken

Thank you @Replytoken. That took all of 10 minutes with an online chat that started with a virtual assistant and quickly escalated through two levels of tech support to someone who gave me the download link. That's great customer support!

And a few minutes to upgrade and all is great with the (Lightroom) world once more...
Lucky you. A month ago, I chatted endlessly with Adobe support about a non-Lightroom issue, spent hours doing uninstalls and reinstall. In the end I solved the problem myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back