1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation.
    If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above.

You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news! We will NOT be closing the forum. Read all about it here.
    Dismiss Notice

The document wont open fully

Discussion in 'Photoshop & External Editors' started by Ishaheb54, Feb 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ishaheb54

Ishaheb54 New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Windows 8 32-bit
    Lightroom Version:
    3.x
    Operating System: Windows 8
    Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):

Hello.
    I am new to this website and am seeking some advice..
    I have a new Laptop on Windows 8. I have installed Adobe Photoshop software. But psd extension document which was on my flash drive wont open fully.

Any thoughts why?

2. I-See-Light

I-See-Light Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Classic 7
    How, and which program, are you trying to "Open" the photo document? More details please. Program Version numbers?
    "wont Open fully" ???
    Possibly the file is corrupted.
    Lightroom does not "Open" files (they must be "Imported" into the Catalog library)
    PSD files cannot be imported into the Lightroom Catalog unless they have been 'Saved' from Photoshop that has the [Maximize File compatibility] option set on in the Photoshop Preferences.