Not open for further replies.

boris

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm using Windows 10 1803, and Lightroom 6.10 and when I try to import the last few days I get the message that the destination folder, which is on a secondary drive, is not available. Lightroom appears to be the only program that can't access that drive. Is there any reason anyone can think that this would happen?

There are two destination folders on import The first is the one that you see listed in the destination panel. First, make sure that Windows has not changed drive letters since you set up the destination initially in the drive panel. If the Destination panel says drive E: and Windows has mounted that volume as Drive E: , then the next step is to see what permissions Windows has set on that folder.
The second destination folder is the "Make a second Copy to" folder. That drive letter could have changed or the volume is not mounted or you do not have permissions. This second copy destination is the one that often trips up people.

And Lastly, the message could be referring to the Import folder location. If you can only read and not write, then LR will also generate this message

Hi thanks for your reply.
It's an internal second drive so retains the same letter, and yeah that's still there so no probs there.
You've got me bamboozled with this second copy thing. Never heard of it and can't see it anywhere.
Anyway, what I did was go to the root of the drive in the right hand pane and then select each subfolder til I got to the one I wanted. Then I imported and everything worked fine. I've got no idea why it did what it did though. And the secondary destination has me stumped.

Hi thanks for your reply.
It's an internal second drive so retains the same letter, and yeah that's still there so no probs there.
You've got me bamboozled with this second copy thing. Never heard of it and can't see it anywhere.
Anyway, what I did was go to the root of the drive in the right hand pane and then select each subfolder til I got to the one I wanted. Then I imported and everything worked fine. I've got no idea why it did what it did though. And the secondary destination has me stumped.
The second copy to, is at the top of the right panels
2ndcopyto.jpg

Aha I've never had that opened, nothing is ticked in it. Thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back