• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

texture slider is not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtheimer1

Lightroom Version Number
CC 2015.14
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
The texture slider does not appear on my LR Classic. I have updated my LR and restarted the program and it is still missing. Also, my dehaze slider is located under the 'effects' tab. I have seen screen shots where both texture and dehaze are located under the 'basic' tab under presence. Not sure how to see the texture slider or how to make the dehaze appear under the presence area under the 'basic' tab.

Hi and welcome to the Forums!

It sounds like you're on an older version of Classic (and if your '2015.14' is correct then that is an old version)

To be sure, can you check for us?

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/which-lightroom-version-am-i-using/
Are you actually on a subscription version? Then we can give guidance on updates etc!

If you're on a rental version of LR, that photo may be using an old PV (Process Version). Look for a lightening bolt under the bottom right corner of the histogram in the develop module. If present, click it and upgrade that image (or a whole bunch) to a latest PV

1568326035051.png

As Califdan says..... images that are using an old process version will have the old tools and interface displayed when you edit them. So old images or new ones that you import but set to use an old process version will not show the latest tools.

I thinks it's more likely to be as Paul suggests, i.e. the OP is still running an older version, either 2015.xx or 7.x. The clue is the fact that the Dehaze slider appears in the Effects panel, that slider wouldn't be seen at all if this was simply an older PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back