• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Text Entries in LR3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnKendrick

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I would like to include more notes on my photos in LR3 than the software provides space for. Why the shot was taken, my thoughts on processing, and so on.

I asked the same question about LR2 and thanks to a recommendations here, I used John Beardsworth's BeardyBigNote PlugIn. It did not, however, survive the move to LR3.

Does anyone know if there is another plug in that would do the trick. Or if Beardsworth (I believe that's his name) has an upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any help,

John Kendrick

Hi, John, I'm sure John Beardsworth will be along before long to give you the answer from the horses mouth!!:grin:

It's still available - see http://www.beardsworth.co.uk/lightroom/big-note/. But you should still have the plugin on your system and will simply need to install it again in LR3 through File > Plugin Manager.

Horse's mouth, if that's his name, hm.

John

It's still available - see http://www.beardsworth.co.uk/lightroom/big-note/. But you should still have the plugin on your system and will simply need to install it again in LR3 through File > Plugin Manager.

Horse's mouth, if that's his name, hm.

John

Thanks for the reply, mouth or otherwise. I appreciate.

So I tried it, but LR 3 didn't like it. Got the following error message. An internal error has occurred: LrCatalog:findPhotosWithProperty: pluginId parameter is missing or is not a string

Any thoughts? LR3 itself? My setup? I'm running a MacPro with the latest version of Snow Leopard and the latest version of Lightroom.

John Kendrick

Edit: P. S. whoops, sorry, error. I retried with the version I just redownloaded from your website. This one worked. My apologies for the mistake.

Last edited:
Oh thanks! LOL

And I thought the English had a sense of humour - but then I turned on the news!!:mad2:

Seriously I do hope our community is safe up there, it is heartbreaking stuff, very Orwellian.

I just discovered that this field is searchable!! Wow - in Library use backslash and search on Text/Any Searchable Field - enter the text you wrote and there's your photo . With my 800,000+ catalog and sagging memory, this is a godsend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back