Text entries in LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnKendrick

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I'm new to LR so this may be easily answered.

I would like to use text entries more freely than seems to be obvious. For instance, I would like to use text to tell the story of a collection. Why did I take those shots, where we they taken, what special characteristics are involved, and so on. Fairly lengthy entries. And attached to the collection, not the files. The Identity File strikes me as having another purpose.

Second, I would like to add more text to some of the files. If I change settings, I would like to note that in the text, why I did, and what the results look like. Etc.

I can't find any obvious ways to do this. Have I missed something in the various LR books I own? Or is it a missing feature?

John Kendrick

To Gene and Rob,

Thanks for the help. I've downloaded the free form field addition to the metadata, which is exactly what I had in mind. Though I hoped it was in the program itself.

I see that it's likely a problem for future upgrades, say when version 3 comes out. But it gets me started and I'll simply have to keep that in mind and move the information out of LR (I assume copy and paste will work) before I upgrade, as unpleasant as that sounds. Since I plan to add information on more than a few photos.

And thanks for the shot at ditto for collections. That's actually where I had more need. The suggestion won't work at the level of library input, if I understand it correctly. Which is where I would like to have it.

If there is a suggestion box somewhere for LR users, I would like to see this dropped in.

John Kendrick

[quote author=Brad Snyder link=topic=8479.msg574'8#msg574'8 date=1259113899]
John, welcome. At the top of the forum and threads is a link directly to Adobe's Feature Request and Bug Reporting system.
[/quote]

Done. Thanks for the info.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back