Tethered Shooting LR5 and Nikon D7000 HELP !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unklejon

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
OK everything on the web says its possible so its got to be me but hey when isn't it me.....

I have tried to link my Nikon D7000 to LR5 on my new PC. Go though everything JK tells me on Adobe TV and I get the little box up with the details on. It says Nikon D7000 recognised but I don't get a picture in LR. The shooting button even fires the camera but I still don't get a picture through; simply a black square. [Yes I did take my lens cap off]. I have tested the connection by switching to import and that locates my camera and memory card etc so I know leads are fine. Given that it fires is also proof of interactivity but still no on screen image or image in camera when it does fire. I have looked at my camera manual and there is nothing about setting up for tethering.. There are plenty of YouTubes that say this can be done, plenty that show the LR end but nothing showing the D7000 end. Anyone had any experience and can give me a pointer please..

Last edited:
Uptodate software

I have the latest version of the LR software and according to my beloved techno son [who built me a new PC last week] I have more than the latest version of the windows operating system I have the next version Windows 10 which is bang up to date. At least that explains why windows 8 is suddenly running exceptionally well. I am loving Windows 10. Mind you there is still time for Microsoft to wreck it before they launch.

I have the latest version of the LR software and according to my beloved techno son [who built me a new PC last week] I have more than the latest version of the windows operating system I have the next version Windows 10 which is bang up to date. At least that explains why windows 8 is suddenly running exceptionally well. I am loving Windows 10. Mind you there is still time for Microsoft to wreck it before they launch.
Windows 10 has not been released yet, it is still under development with a Technical Preview available for download. If you are on Windows 10 that might very well explain the problems you are having.

Although it's nice to be able to say 'I had it first' It's a tad foolish trying to do any work on pre release operating system software.

I'd get your techo son to put a known working version of Windows onto the machine.

I appreciate (now) this may be the problem, oh well it gives Adobe a possible problem down the line. To be honest I am so happy with Windows 10 I am thinking this is a small inconvenience to put up with for the greater all round improvements. I know there is still time for Microsoft to screw it up (as usual) but besides this one small issue everything else just works, somehow, better than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back