• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Tethered multiple camera

KarenS

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Hi. This is my first post on these forums, although I've used Lightroom since it began. I'm working on a large headshot project for a client and need to shoot 300 headshots in 2 days. I always shoot tethered using Nikon D3s and D4. Once shots are taken, client reviews with my assistant on a laptop. I want to avoid backups in reviewing to help keep the shoot flowing. Thought I would throw this out to the forum to see what ideas might spring up.
Has anyone tried shooting 2 cameras tethered to the same laptop? (The last mention of this on these forums was back in 2011)
If so, what's your experience of it?
Can the laptop operator be reviewing photos with one client while the shots from the next client are flowing in from the camera?
It could be that I end up with 2 cameras and two laptops and two assistants. This might actually be the best route. I'm interested to hear other peoples ideas and experiences.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
How do you shoot tethered, Karen? You'd probably be OK with the old auto import folder method where both cameras save to the same folder, but the new tethered panel only allows a single camera, I think. You could have one camera using the tethering panel, the other would be saving to a watched folder.

If you end up with 2 of each, that may be simpler. One interesting aspect is that tethering now allows you to send new pictures to a collection. If that collection is synced to LrMobile, new pictures are synced automatically, so you can have them all going into the same catalogue, good for controlling everything, but then use iPads or a browser lightroom.adobe.com to do crops and broad brush adjustments. This option would allow multiple operators, though only with some adjustments and some metadata.