Tethered imports while previewing and printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Ash_

Hi all, I'm a newbie to this forum but a big LR user all the same ;)

I have an minor issue/irritation when using LR2.' tethered. The scenario is that we use Lightroom when we shoot events and have either Canon EOS Utilities or Nikon Capture Pro running to bring in the images from the cameras - no problem here. We've got LR set up to watch a general folder then move the image to a specific folder while importing into the catalogue. During this time the there could be one of us using the PC to show the image to the customer to then print out for them.

This is where the problem occurs. While we are viewing an image and at the same time shooting further photos, LR2.' always jumps to the latest imported photo even if we are editing or printing a previous one. This did not happen in LR1.3.

I've done a search to find out if anyone else has had the same problem but to no avail. Any suggestions, pointers, fixes would be most welcome as we much prefer to use version 2.' over 1.3.

Thanks

Last edited:
While we are viewing an image and at the same time shooting further photos, LR2.' always jumps to the latest imported photo even if we are editing or printing a previous one. This did not happen in LR1.3.

Ash, welcome to this forum.
I usually shoot tethered, both Nikon and Canon; what if you change the sort order view to *not* show the last imported picture? Usually works.
If the "jump" persists, what about showing the editing pictures on a *secondary* monitor to your clients? LR 2.' can use 2 monitors quite independently.
I hope it helps!

Clicio, thanks for that. I will check it later and see what setting I have. Otherwise yes, we are planning to hook up an second large LCD screen to the laptop for displaying so it will be interesting to see what happens during import and edit.

I'll post the findings once I've given it a try... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back