• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

    To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Catalogs Test Integrity before backing up

Michael Naylor

Active Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2016
Messages
141
Location
Spain
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Here's something that you can try: If you add an exclamation point before the search term, it is considered as 'not'. That means that 'does not contain' #WHERE can also be written as 'contains' !#WHERE. That gives you the option to use slightly different criteria. Try 'contains words' !#WHERE.
I've been away for a couple of days, so haven't been able to follow this tread. Thanks to Johan for this nugget of information. In this case, it doesn't seem to affect the outcome, but it will be extremely useful in the future because it also works in the grid's search bar. I didn't know of its existence.

Thank you also to all the other contributions and stories of past problems. My workaround seems to be working, but I'm left wondering how long it will be before the integrity of this database bites again. In fact, It might have just done so today. After importing 41 images from my trip, I deleted 4 to trash, added keywords, renamed the 3 folders, and renamed the images. Not necessarily in that order. I then noticed some of these images were missing. They were in the Finder folders with a number 2 added to their names. My guess is that LR couldn't keep up with what I was doing. In other words, my user actions weren't being queued and de-queued properly (pure speculation on my part).

Many years ago I bought a very expensive piece of audio post production kit (an AMS AudioFile, around £100,000). On large jobs it kept falling over itself - corrupting tracks and crashing. The AMS MD insisted this was not possible, but eventually gave me access to his senior software developer who found an integer that had been accidentally declared as only 16bit. That integer was used as a pointer into the file system.
 
Top