• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Catalogs Test Integrity before backing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Naylor

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 8.3 [ 201905061635-edecdfdb ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Please could some explain exactly what "Test Integrity before backing up" is suppose to do? It doesn't seem to be doing anything with regard to the problems I'm having.
1) Previously entered keywords have mysteriously vanished.
2) Smart Collections filtering on "Keywords -> doesn't contain" is displaying false positives.
Any clues for fixing theses issues?

Here's something that you can try: If you add an exclamation point before the search term, it is considered as 'not'. That means that 'does not contain' #WHERE can also be written as 'contains' !#WHERE. That gives you the option to use slightly different criteria. Try 'contains words' !#WHERE.
I've been away for a couple of days, so haven't been able to follow this tread. Thanks to Johan for this nugget of information. In this case, it doesn't seem to affect the outcome, but it will be extremely useful in the future because it also works in the grid's search bar. I didn't know of its existence.

Thank you also to all the other contributions and stories of past problems. My workaround seems to be working, but I'm left wondering how long it will be before the integrity of this database bites again. In fact, It might have just done so today. After importing 41 images from my trip, I deleted 4 to trash, added keywords, renamed the 3 folders, and renamed the images. Not necessarily in that order. I then noticed some of these images were missing. They were in the Finder folders with a number 2 added to their names. My guess is that LR couldn't keep up with what I was doing. In other words, my user actions weren't being queued and de-queued properly (pure speculation on my part).

Many years ago I bought a very expensive piece of audio post production kit (an AMS AudioFile, around £100,000). On large jobs it kept falling over itself - corrupting tracks and crashing. The AMS MD insisted this was not possible, but eventually gave me access to his senior software developer who found an integer that had been accidentally declared as only 16bit. That integer was used as a pointer into the file system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back