technical question about blakcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
i have a technical question about blacks of lightroom

well can i obtain the same result with photoshop?

i think i can do it with curve draggin the CURVE INPUT TRIANGLE and move on the right

with levels i can't get the same result

well the technical question , can i obtain the same result (outside camera raw of photoshop) with photoshop cs2 or cs3?

thanks have a nice day

All of the features available in the Lightroom Develop module are the same as those in the latest version of Camera Raw for Photoshop CS3. Lightroom offers a much improved GUI for the development controls, though. Though the tools are identical, I find Lightroom far easier to use than Camera Raw, resulting in better photos and shorter processing times.

All of the features available in the Lightroom Develop module are the same as those in the latest version of Camera Raw for Photoshop CS3. Lightroom offers a much improved GUI for the development controls, though. Though the tools are identical, I find Lightroom far easier to use than Camera Raw, resulting in better photos and shorter processing times.

yes but i wrote outside camera raw
i mean can i obaint the same results with cuvers or levels?

Blacks in LR/ACR is very similar to setting the black point in Levels. But it's not exactly the same thing, since LR/ACR is working on the raw conversion phase and Photoshop is operating on a fully-baked image file.

Mark, not to find fault, but I'm guessing that English is not Mantra's first language.
Many of us understand "fully-baked", (in fact, I'm an expert in half-baked :)) , but that idiom may be lost on Mantra.

Mantra, in the event you're having trouble with Mark's sentence, he was pointing out the technical difference between the sensor-mosaic based data of the 'Raw' file, from the pixel based data of a PS file.

None of this answers your original question about black adjustments, and I'm sorry I have nothing to add.

Intruding with good intentions ....brad

I haven't found an equivelant to the blacks slider, but have also found the ability to do basically the same thing with levels. To make it easy, I just do it in LR.

There are quite a few features in the LR develop module that are NOT in the new ACR. Vibrance and the ability to drag directly on the histogram are 2 and there a several more. I've found I do all color, contrast, exposure adjustements in LR now and only need PS for composites, or retouching. Being one of those RSP guys, I came into LR kicking and screaming but actually am really starting to like it.

That's nice to hear Bobby, LR is a good tool for me and I anticipate it getting much better as it progresses.

yes i mean the blacks "feature"

but one question
the lightroom developer are the same guy of raw shooter pro? because i love raw shooter pro , and i didn't find in lightroom the same performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back