• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Tablet for lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that it may run the Android version of Lightroom-Mobile: (Note the Help article quoted below states "PHONES running Android" )
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/mobile-apps/help/lightroom-mobile-faq.html
You could install a trial (7-days) and cancel if not working. You would need 'Mobile data' access to Adobe Cloud.
And then there is the 'Free' version of Lightroom that does not sync to the Adobe Cloud but it is very limited in functions.

Android
Lightroom for mobile supports phones running Android 6.x (Marshmallow) and later.
Ensure that the Android phone on which you want to install Lightroom for mobile meets the following system requirements:

Minimum system requirements
Processor: Quad Core CPU with 1.5 GHz frequency and ARMv7 architecture
  • RAM: 1 GB
  • Internal storage: 8 GB
  • Android OS version: 6.x (Marshmallow) and later
Recommended system requirements
Processor: Quad Core CPU with 2.2 GHz frequency and ARMv8 architecture
  • RAM: 4 GB and above
  • Internal storage: 8 GB and above
  • Android OS version: 6.x (Marshmallow) and later

Hi there,
can I use this tablet from my sister for lightroom editing?
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07X5YVXZG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Is it more than "ok" ? or is it just a compromise?

I tried it the other day and it has felt super unnatural editing with it.

Alex
I am going to preface my comment by saying that I use a Windows PC, an Android phone and an Apple iPad, so I have no real allegiance to any of the platforms or manufacturers. Having said that, I find that Apple's iPad line-up is my preferred choice for a tablet. I needed an inexpensive tablet for a trip a few years ago as I did not want to bring my iPad for fear of theft and loss of data, and picked up a Samsung Tab tablet. I have used their phones with success and figured they also have a full line-up of tablets so there probably had things under control Big mistake. The difference in quality, operation and user experience was quite dramatic. I suspect that their flagship tablets are better, but even Apple's base model iPad provides the user with a good experience. If you can find an iPad or an Apple factory refurbished iPad, I would suggest that if possible. You sister will have a much better experience.

Good luck,

--Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back