• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Syncing with lightroom cc from classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramigrafx

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi,
I have just installed the latest versions of Lightroom classic and cc. I played around and synced some images from classic to cc. However I did not like the idea of paying to have my images an the cloud and since I use only images on my pc so I decided to delete cc from my pc using uninstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop. That was ok, but looking at my thumbnails in classic there is an icon in the top right corner which when I mouseover shows 'syc with lightroom pending'. How do I get rid of this?

Deleting/uninstalling the Lightroom desktop app has no effect on Classic's syncing. Specifically, apps do not sync with each other. They all sync to the "hub", i.e. the Adobe servers, so you can sync images from Classic without having the Lightroom desktop app installed.

Note that if you sync images FROM Classic to the cloud, only smart previews of those files are uploaded to the cloud, and they do not count against your cloud space allowance (so no, you wouldn't be paying to have your images in the cloud in that case). To stop images syncing from Classic, open the All Synced Photographs collection in the Catalog panel, select all, then right-click on any image and choose "Remove from All Synced Photographs"....that will remove all of the images in the cloud, and stop Classic trying to sync them any more. Note, however, that if you've previously added images to any of the Lightroom cloudy apps, e.g. phone or tablet, they would also be removed from the cloud when you remove all images from All Synced Photographs (though they would still be in your Classic catalog).

Deleting/uninstalling the Lightroom desktop app has no effect on Classic's syncing. Specifically, apps do not sync with each other. They all sync to the "hub", i.e. the Adobe servers, so you can sync images from Classic without having the Lightroom desktop app installed.

Note that if you sync images FROM Classic to the cloud, only smart previews of those files are uploaded to the cloud, and they do not count against your cloud space allowance (so no, you wouldn't be paying to have your images in the cloud in that case). To stop images syncing from Classic, open the All Synced Photographs collection in the Catalog panel, select all, then right-click on any image and choose "Remove from All Synced Photographs"....that will remove all of the images in the cloud, and stop Classic trying to sync them any more. Note, however, that if you've previously added images to any of the Lightroom cloudy apps, e.g. phone or tablet, they would also be removed from the cloud when you remove all images from All Synced Photographs (though they would still be in your Classic catalog).
Thanks Jim. It's easy when you know how!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back