• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Syncing two or more computers and LR mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy Whyte

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Mobile Operating System:Android 7.1.1
Desktop Operating System: Windows 7 - Business Edition Version: 6.1.7601 & Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Lightroom Classic version: 7.1 [ 1148620 ]
License: Creative Cloud

I run LR CC Classic on a Windows 7 Pro desktop PC and a Mac Book Air. I have an Android phone with LR Mobile installed.
I use LR on my Mac Book air when away on trips to store my photos and perform basic editing, once home I copy the photos from my Mac too my PC.
I have synced photos from my desktop PC to LR mobile but have not been able to do the same with my Macbook. Nor am I able to sync photos taken on my mobile back to either my PC or my Macbook.

You can only sync with one LR Classic catalog at a time, so if the catalog you are syncing is on the PC, you won't be able to sync using the catalog on the MBA unless you turn off sync using the PC.

However, you should be able to sync photos taken on your mobile back to Classic on the PC. What happens when you try? Have you enabled the "Auto Add Photos" option in the LR mobile settings (I assume there'll be such a setting, there is on iOS devices)?

In addition to Jim's suggestions, verify that you have signed in with the exact same Adobe ID on all devices and computers. You may want to sign each out and back in again just to ensure that the login has validated.

I run LR CC Classic on a Windows 7 Pro desktop PC and a Mac Book Air. I have an Android phone with LR Mobile installed.
I use LR on my Mac Book air when away on trips to store my photos and perform basic editing, once home I copy the photos from my Mac too my PC.
If you run Lightroom CC (v1.x) on the MBP, it will sync any images in Lightroom CC back to the Lightroom Classic catalog on the Windows computer.

Many many thanks gentlemen for your fast support.
Jim and Rikk: I have signed out and back in on both the Windows PC and Android phone and happy to report photos in collection on mobile now reflected back on PC. Many thanks.
Cletus: I'm running Lightroom CC Classic on both MBA and Windows PC. When I try to sync from MBA back to Windows PC I get a message informing me I can only sync with one LR Classic catalog at a time.

Thank you to all of you, your hlep is much appreciated.

Cletus: I'm running Lightroom CC Classic on both MBA and Windows PC. When I try to sync from MBA back to Windows PC I get a message informing me I can only sync with one LR Classic catalog at a time.
No, you do not need to run Lightroom Classic on the MBP. Instead run Lightroom CC and let it sync to the cloud and from the cloud back to the master catalog on the PC.

Thank you Cletus, I'll have a look at doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back