• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Syncing stucked for weeks

brogaard

Lightroom Version
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave, iOS
Hi - I have been searching this forum to find solutions for the syncing-stuck-problem. With no luck - though I see quite a few have this problem.

I have been rolling LR back to version 8.3, with no luck. Now again running version 8.4 with this config:

Lightroom Classic version: 8.4 [ 201908011719-03751b60 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: da-DK
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.14.6 [18G95]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 3,8 GHz
Built-in memory: 49.152,0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 49.152,0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 11.836,1 MB (24,0%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 24.049,0 MB
Memory cache size: 441,6MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 11.4 [ 273 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 3
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1961MB / 24575MB (7%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1993MB / 49152MB (4%)
Displays: 1) 5120x2880, 2) 1200x1920

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 580

As a professional photographer wither more than 1,5 million promotes in the LR-database I was hoping to benefit from the cloud-based LR - but as this problem seems unsolvable I guess I am better of trying other cloud solutions.

Does anybody has a clue of how to solve syncing-issue? Please?
Skærmbillede 2019-09-17 kl. 11.55.23.png

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Hi and welcome to the Forums!

Very first thing to do is update to the current version of Classic, 8.4.1 as there have been some bug fixes to sync in the latest version (of this and Cloud, 2.4.1)

brogaard

Thank you Paul - have updated - still syncing the 2.000+ not-existing files.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service

brogaard

Hi Victoria - there were actually such a folder! I deleted all 813 files - but LR Classic is stil stuck, trying to sync 2457 not-existing files.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
One option would be to clear the local sync cache (by going to Preferences > Lightroom Sync tab > hold down Opt and click Rebuild Sync Data). It'll have to check everything against the cloud and local catalog, but is often the quickest way to solve these issues.