• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Syncing presets etc. with Lightroom Classic CC running on two machines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmward

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.latest via CC app.
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
How do I get Lightroom Classic CC synced with all the same presets, etc. running on two machines?
One is iMAC for editing in office. Other is 15" MBP from location and travel

Thanks,

copy and paste the presets, and I also suggest the profiles, from one computer file system to the other. You are the synch mechanism.

I tried that and is hasn't seemed to work.
Maybe from wrong place?

You can use something like goodsync and it is pretty painless. Just be sure you have the job set up like you want and have it run when you aren't likely to be using the catalog. It has several options that you may find useful. You will need to have the computers on the same network of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried that and is hasn't seemed to work. Maybe from wrong place?
Yes, very likely. The develop presets have changed. They are now XMP and they are now in a different place:
user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

You can use something like goodsync and it is pretty painless. Just be sure you have the job set up like you want and have it run when you aren't likely to be using the catalog. It has several options that you may find useful. You will need to have the computers on the same network of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 for GoodSync.

I use it to sync between a desktop and a laptop, both running LR 7.2. I sync the folder containing my catalogs in one job, and LR settings, C:\Users\phil\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom, in another job. This approach means that I have to install/change/delete plug-ins or presets only once.

Phil

+1 for GoodSync.

I use it to sync between a desktop and a laptop, both running LR 7.2. I sync the folder containing my catalogs in one job, and LR settings, C:\Users\phil\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom, in another job. This approach means that I have to install/change/delete plug-ins or presets only once.
That means that you are not synching your develop presets any longer if you use 7.3 or higher. Just like on the Mac, these presets have moved from the Lightroom/Develop presets folder to the CameraRaw/Settings folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back