• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Syncing Photos to the Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

newdawn62

Lightroom Version Number
LrC
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I just discovered I have been syncing photos to the Adobe Cloud without realizing it. I don't have enough space to sync all of my photos so I how do I prevent this from happening again?

There are two types of syncing between LrC and the cloud. If your images originate in LrC, then full size images are not sync'd to the cloud. Smaller Proxy images (Smart DNGs) get sent to the cloud. These do not count against your subscription limits and are unlimited in the amount of storage used in the cloud. They are perfectly useful in any Lightroom Mobile app.
If your images do not originate in LrC, then the full size images are imported from your Lightroom mobile app. These do count against your 20GB/1TB subscription plan and LrC will sync full size images from the cloud down to the master LrC catalog file.

So, to better answer your question which of the two types are you syncing?

Good afternoon. If I might hijack or at least jump in here... I am syncing from LrM to the cloud but I don't want that. How do I change LrM so that it syncs with LrC?

Good afternoon. If I might hijack or at least jump in here... I am syncing from LrM to the cloud but I don't want that. How do I change LrM so that it syncs with LrC?
There is only one path from Lr mobile to LrC. That is Lightroom (mobile) to the cloud and from the cloud to LrC

There are two types of syncing between LrC and the cloud. If your images originate in LrC, then full size images are not sync'd to the cloud. Smaller Proxy images (Smart DNGs) get sent to the cloud. These do not count against your subscription limits and are unlimited in the amount of storage used in the cloud. They are perfectly useful in any Lightroom Mobile app.
If your images do not originate in LrC, then the full size images are imported from your Lightroom mobile app. These do count against your 20GB/1TB subscription plan and LrC will sync full size images from the cloud down to the master LrC catalog file.

So, to better answer your question which of the two types are you syncing?
I discovered between posts that its syncing from my LR mobile. So they go from my phone to the Cloud and then into my LR catalog just as you described.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back