• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Syncing LR Mobile Photos to non-LR computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Coulombe

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hi all,

I'm primarily an iOS/LR Mobile user switching over from being a pure iOS Photos user. So far it's working well for me to import my photos using Apple's SD card dongle and then move them over to LR for editing. The gap I have is how to make the edited photos available on computers other than my main LR machine. Is there a tool to just export/sync the images from LR web on to a non-LR machine? To be specific, if I upload my photos on my iPad and they are synced with LR on my desktop machine, can I also somehow sync them to my macbook to use as a desktop wallpaper (or whatever)? Do people just end up dumping the edited pics back into iOS Photos for this kind of thing?

Thanks!

Greg

The easiest way would be to export the image from Lightroom desktop and then transfer it like you would transfer any other file from your desktop to your MacBook.

You can create LR Mobile sync'd collections. These are downloaded to any mobile devices running The LR Mobile app. But they are also available on the LR Mobile website and accessible through any computer with a web Browser. With the correct sharing permissions, they can be downloaded to any co outer where they can be viewed. Here is a link to one of my LR Mobile collections which you can view in your browser: http://adobe.ly/2cMk9tI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back