• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Syncing just a collection only?

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi

I have a query and I wonder if anyone can help, probably simple to resolve, I just haven't found a way.

As a general rule I take a portrait session and load it directly into the desktop then sync that to my iPad Pro for editing. I don't need the full on desktop functionality as I tend to resolve things around composition and exposure before I click the shutter. I also prefer to use the desktop for file management, file naming, keywording etc.

When I sync the collection I create I can use my iPad to do any tweaking. However it seems that as well as the collection I am working on my whole Lightoom catalogue is synced across as 'Lightroom Photos.' Can I prevent that happening as I have in excess of 10,000 images? This takes up a lot of space on my iPad, or at least i assume it does, even if it is just jpeg previews.

Any suggests?

thanks

Jon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I guess that sometime in the past you had synced your whole catalog, but when you subsequently stop syncing them (by unchecking the sync icon on the collection) that didn't in fact remove the uploaded smart previews from the Adobe servers. These then automatically sync down to any logged on iDevice into the Lightroom Photos special collection.

However, with the latest CC update (2015.7) Adobe introduced the same special collection (called All Synced Photographs in Lightroom desktop) which you will find in the Catalog panel in the Library module. You can remove photos from this collection, and that will remove them from the Adobe servers and from the Lightroom Photos collection on the iDevice. You can also add photos into this special collection, i.e. without them being placed into a synced collection, and they will upload to the servers and then down to Lightroom Photos.

So, click on the All Synced Photographs, select all that you want to remove, right-click on one and select "Remove from All Synced Photographs".