• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Syncing Issues - How Can I Revert Back Safely to Clean Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkawoods

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Mac OS Sierra 10.12
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Currently CC 2015.13 Release

I already upgraded to Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC, created all kinds of sync issues for myself, and reverted back to 2015.13 hoping that would clear up the issues. It didn't. I use two computers, an iMac and a MacBook Pro and swap an external drive that has all my LR photos along with a single LR catalog between the two. I currently have 200 photos that show up in Adobe Lightroom for the Web, the same number that shows up in my iMac "All Synced Photos" folder in LR. I've marked collections with about 220 photos or so that I want to be synced with LR Mobile. My iMac says it's syncing almost 6,000 photos and shows no sync error folder or synced duplicates. When I plug the same external disk into my MacBook it says it's syncing 17,000+ photos, 198 photos in the "All Synced Photos" folder, 15 sync errors, and 2 synced duplicates. I've tried at different times letting each machine run for hours in the hope that things would eventually sync up and it never happens.

My question: I have a time machine backup for both machines from two weeks ago before all these problems started. Is it possible at this point for me to get back to that point where things were synced up nicely, then start from scratch? If so, how do I do that? Are there things now stored in the Cloud that I need to clean up first?

When you installed Lightroom Classic, you converted your LRCC2015.x catalog file to LR7 structure. Unless you purposely deleted it, that files is still on your computer in the state everything was in before the upgrade. You can open and convert that catalog file again in Lightroom Classic or you can open it LRCC2015 app (if you did not delete it) If you did remove that app already, you can reinstall it using the Adobe CC App Manager.

Before you do that you might want to take a look at what has been sync'd to the cloud. Before you start sync'ing the LRCC2015.x catalog file or the new converted catalog file you will want to clean up what is in the cloud or else it will start to bring all of those file down to the LRCC2015.x catalog file or the new converted catalog file and this can get you muddled again

When I installed LR Classic it created a new catalog (actually two new catalogs at some point - that was a frantic day trying to sort things out.) I didn’t delete the old catalog. Here is a screenshot of the catalogs I've got and when they were created; I've put it in Dropbox and hopefully you can view it:

Screenshot%202017-11-07%2015.13.25.png

I'm currently using the Lightroom Catalog-3 catalog since I've gone back to using LRCC2015. I do have 200 photos sync'd to the cloud which I could delete -

Update: Try this link:
Dropbox - Screenshot 2017-11-07 15.13.25.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back