• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

"Syncing 158 photos"

pedz

Perry Smith
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic version: 9.4 [ 202008061458-dbb2971e ]
Operating System
macOS 10.15 Catalina
Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 12.17.53 PM.png

I have this when I open Lightroom and click the cloud icon in the top right corner. Its been like that for a few days. Before, I had turned off syncing. I think I turned it off because it was stuck and eating up my upload bandwidth but that was very long ago and I can't remember. At this point, there is nothing being uploaded. I can tell by my network monitors. There was a corrupted image that was causing it to use upload bandwidth but via the LrC dialog boxes, I tracked it down and just deleted the photo from the database and cloud.

I've seen a few threads here and one of them says to just delete all the data and start over. I would not mind doing that. I have less than 1700 photos synced and I think things could resync in a day or so. The dialog box in LrC has a button which takes me to the web site but I don't see anything that obvious says "delete all data". I could select all the pictures and delete them but I don't know for sure if that is what is meant.

Or... if there is a simple way to find out why the sync constantly says it needs to sync 158 photos, that would be great as well.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi Perry

Two approaches:

In Preferences > Lightroom Sync if you hold down Opt you'll see an additional option to Rebuild Synced Data. This does as it says - doesn't remove any photos from the cloud, just starts a clean sync locally.

If you actually want to remove the 1,700 photos from the cloud to start over, then same screen but higher up Delete All Synced Data.

It could be worth checking on the web interface though as there are some issues with photos saying they are syncing when in fact they are all good - lightroom.adobe.com