• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Synchronize Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afterimage

Afterimage
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I went to my Image Bank (all my LR photos) and clicked on synchronize folder and it came up with 1900 photos. Many of these appear duplicates but may have different names. Some are jpegs that I would not have changed the name of.
I see there is a checkbox for do not import duplicates but if it i the same photo with a slightly different name then they will be imported anyway.

What do you suggest as a solution? Folder by Folder? Also, how can I prevent this from happening in the future?

Synchronize Folder is just a shortcut for importing a folder that Lightroom already knows. If you get these problems, then you have to ask yourself how come. How did these duplicates get into this folder? Where do these jpeg copies come from? You are the only one who can answer that.

After looking at the images on the image vault, what is happening is that some of the images are in folders in LR and some are not. I will fix this.
Still does not explain some of the other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back