• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

synch vs copy & paste help i can't understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
hi
i did read the manual
but i can't understand the difference between synch and copy/paste about develop or metadata

can somebody with simple english or with some example tell me which is the difference between synch and copy/paste develop settings?

thanks

rcannonp;599' said:
When you are in the Develop module, copy and paste will only apply settings to one picture at a time. By using Sync you can apply the settings to all of the pictures that you have selected.

thanks
but to me , i tried and i 'm able to copy/paste many pics at a time..:?:
what's wrong to me?

In the Develop module? I doesn't work that way for me. I don't know how you got so lucky.

no sorry in develop module i can't
you are right!:roll:

Well, you can actually, but most people do it by mistake! If you have AutoSync turned on, copying and pasting will paste to all selected images.

Here's a quick run down of the options, but it doesn't go into a lot of detail as to when you'd use them. http://photoshopservices.wordpress.com/2''7/1'/15/synchronising-settings/

As a quick overview, I'd use AutoSync most of the time, so that changes to one apply to all other selected images, just like they do in ACR.

If I'm working on pictures close together and I forgot to select them to AutoSync, I'll use Sync.

If the picture I want to copy from is way further back, I go find it, copy, go find the target pictures and paste. That way I don't forget I've got a picture selected which I can't see. With AutoSync turned on, it'll paste onto all selected images.

I also use Copy to store a temporary white balance or similar setting which I might want to paste onto any single image I'm working on.

Other difference - sync has to have the source picture selected while applying to the others, copy/paste doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back