• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Synch Never Completes Due to Photo Stack?

Lightroom Version
Lr version 4.2 20210301-0713-6cdd6a3 build
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have been chasing down a number of SYNC issues that are documented in this post here: Sync Never Compleles and View shows nothing to Sync?
In that thread it documents how I resolved a problem with 7 DELETED ITEMS not syncing properly. Unfortunately I have one item still trapped in perpetual sync on just one of my devices. I have 2 WinPCs, an iPAD, and a iPhone all connected to the same Lightroom Cloudy subscription. One of the WinPCs shows 1 item perpetually stuck trying to Sync.

Capture.JPG

All the other devices are happy campers with no synch issues. When I click on view I see the "black hole" screen which I have learned typically means the problem is in deleted items because they don't show in searches. However, if you look in DELETED ITEMS you may find images with the little blue cresent shape in the corner indicating an ongoing sync, at least on a Windows PC. When I looked at deleted items everything looked as it should with no synching images. I noticed he image count matched on both PCs so I figured the problem wasn't there. Noticing the count I decided to do a folder by folder, album by album comparison and eventually found one that did not match. The troubled WinPC only had 46 in one album instead of 47 that shows on the other devices.

Comparing the files I found that the trouble PC showed a stacked image and the other devices did not.

Capture.JPG

As you can see it displays a raw image and the photo stacked behind it is a DNG file created by the Lightroom ENHANCE DETAILS process. Its been a while but I believe Lr creates the stack as part of that process. Since making this discovery all I have done so far is create a backup by exporting an original+settings of each on the WinPC where they are not stacked and does not show any sync errors.

I am looking for advice on how to resolve this discrepancy with the hopes of not loosing images or edits.

Solution
Adobe recommended unstacking the photo and making a minor edit and see if everything synchs up. If it clears the sync issue then restack the images if I so desire. That appears to have worked but I did not restack the images.
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Have you run a diagnostic log? Even a mini log should offer some clues and would be easier to read to figure out what's getting stuck.

Have you tried unstacking that photo?