• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Synch more than 20GB between LR Mobile and LR Classic with a 20GB Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

ose

Lightroom Version Number
LrC
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
  2. iOS
Hi All,

I have LR Classic on my Mac and I'm planning to buy a new iPad Pro. I have the 20GB subscription with adobe cloud.

Is there any option to realize the following workflow?
- import 60GB to my iPad in RAW
- edit and rate he Photos on the iPad
- synchronize the changes and the RAW files to LR Classic (i use folder not the catalog) on my Mac when I'm back home. The Synchronization doesn't need to happen whilst I'm away.

I would be fine if I would have to import the files again from the SD card and the change synchronize via cloud or any other hack. I just dont want to spend additional money on the 1TB cloud because I backup all my RAW files on Amazon and I do not need an additional cloud storage.

Any help would be very much appreciated

- import 60GB to my iPad in RAW
No. You can stop there! You have exceeded the 20GB.
Files you 'Import' to Lightroom-mobile sync directly to the Adobe Cloud ecosystem.

Hi All,

I have LR Classic on my Mac and I'm planning to buy a new iPad Pro. I have the 20GB subscription with adobe cloud.

. I just dont want to spend additional money on the 1TB cloud because I backup all my RAW files on Amazon and I do not need an additional cloud storage.

Any help would be very much appreciated
Spend the Amazon storage fees with Adobe instead. I have the 1TB Adobe plan and import all of my camera card filed into LrC via the LR cloud. I use only a little over 100GB Unfortunately Adobe one offers two plan sizes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spend the Amazon storage fees with Adobe instead. I have the 1TB Adobe plan and import all of my camera card filed into LrC via the LR cloud. I use only a little over 100GB Unfortunately Adobe one offers two plan sizes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi clee01l I use 4TB on Amazon for all my Server and Client backups so I need it anyway....

In theory this could work, but I haven't tried. Make sure you have a backup before you do try this:
If you import 60 GB onto your iPad, only the first 20 GB will get synced to the cloud. Then syncing will stop because you ran out of cloud space. The other 40 GB does not get lost however, it will sit on your iPad waiting for a chance to get uploaded after all.
If the contents of the cloud has been synced down to Lightroom Classic, you could remove these images from 'All Synced Photographs'. That will clear the cloud, but leave the first 20 GB locally on your computer with Lightroom Classic.
If you then start Lightyroom on the iPad again, it should sync another 20 GB of images. Repeat this procedure till everything has been synced from the iPad to Lightroom Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back