• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Sync'd vs. All Photographs

mbartle

Lightroom Version
desktop & cc
Operating System
  1. Windows 8
  2. Windows 10
Hi,

What is the difference between "All Photographs" & "All Synced Photographs"?

I initially loaded 44102 photos to the cloud all sorted by album.
I then sync'd with desktop. I did have some photos already on the desktop but not sure how many. shoud of paid attention.

This is what I wound up with:
All Photographs - 44134
All synced photographs - 41232
46 photos that just arent syncing
1 sync error
All the albums translated over correctly as far as I can tell.

So what's what and how do I identify which photos are the discrepency between the 44k and the 41k. What should my next step be in organizing?

Solution
"All Photographs" is the number of images in the Classic catalog.
"All Synced Photographs" is the number of images in the Classic catalog which are synced with the cloud.

To find those images in the Classic catalog which are not syncing, you could do the following:
1. Empty the Quick Collection. If that's not convenient, create a temporary collection then set it as the Target Collection.
2. Click on All Synced Photographs, then Ctrl+A to select them all.
3. With those images still selected, click on All Photographs....you now will have a mix of mostly selected images (the synced ones) and some unselected images (the unsynced ones).
4. In the Edit menu, click on "Invert Selection"....that reverses the selection, so that the unsynced...
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
"All Photographs" is the number of images in the Classic catalog.
"All Synced Photographs" is the number of images in the Classic catalog which are synced with the cloud.

To find those images in the Classic catalog which are not syncing, you could do the following:
1. Empty the Quick Collection. If that's not convenient, create a temporary collection then set it as the Target Collection.
2. Click on All Synced Photographs, then Ctrl+A to select them all.
3. With those images still selected, click on All Photographs....you now will have a mix of mostly selected images (the synced ones) and some unselected images (the unsynced ones).
4. In the Edit menu, click on "Invert Selection"....that reverses the selection, so that the unsynced images are now the selected ones, and the unselected images are now the synced ones.
5. Now press the B key, that will add all the currently selected images (i.e. the unsynced ones) to the Quick Collection (or temporary collection if you set one up as the Target collection).

You can now safely deselect all the selected images, as you now have all the unsynced images in their own collection for you to process as you wish.

Solution
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Photos that are imported directly into Classic do not automatically sync to the cloud, the user has to set that up manually, either by putting the images into a collection and then enabling that collection to sync, or by directly adding them into the All Synced Photographs special collection. A couple of things to note:

1. When images are added to Classic and then sync-enabled, only smart previews of those images are uploaded to the cloud.
2. Videos cannot be synced from Classic to the cloud. Conversely, videos added to any of the cloud apps DO download to Classic, but on arrival there they are flagged as "unsynced".