• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Sync with lightroom mobile issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzydemetriou

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
lightroom classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello. I am new to sync and am having to get used to it as I now have a MAC and a windows PC. I am trying to sync my new 2021 catalogue to my lightroom mobile app and am having problems. Do I need to click sync in lightroom classic to sync a new catalogue to mobile? When I click sync it pulls in my last catalogue and all 13 thousand images and then it has a breakdown and it gets stuck. Can I not just sync a current catalogue, rather than every image I have ever imported in to lightroom? I hope that makes sense

A couple of things you need to know:

1. You can only sync one catalog at a time with the cloud, though you can switch syncing from one catalog to another.

2. However, when you start syncing a new catalog, that new catalog will automatically download ALL the images that are currently in the cloud (which is what I guess you experienced). You cannot stop that happening if you choose to sync a new or different catalog.

3. In terms of syncing TO the cloud from Classic, it does not automatically upload the Classic images to the cloud, the user has to specify which images they want to upload. They can do this by putting images into collections, then enabling those collections to sync. Or they can add images into the All Synced Photographs special collection....any images added that way will automatically sync to the cloud.

Hi Jim

Thank you that is very helpful. So if I go back into my old catalogue and uncheck some of the collections then they won't be synced and won't all be pulled in to my new catalogue? Could I then uncheck all of them and check them again in that catalogue if I ever need them synced again?

In order to do that you would have to re-enable syncing of the old catalog, then switch it back to the current catalog again, which doesn't sound very sensible, i.e. it's a recipe for confusion and chaos. I'd strongly advise you to decide which of your catalogs you want to sync with the cloud, and stick to that....if there images in one catalog that aren't in the synced catalog, consider switching them from the one catalog to the other. If there are images in the cloud that you don't want in the synced catalog, the only option is to delete them from the cloud before you sync the catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back