• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

sync toy sucks now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I use to use sync toy to back up my LR images to my external HDD but after updating to win 10 is really sucks.
it bloats backup and slows everything down.
all I want is to synchronize my images most days.
does anyone here simply do this and what do you use?

Try Free File Sync. Very flexible two-way sync operations. Also, you can override the default action for any file when FFS displays its intended actions. Also, you will not have the problem that you had with SyncToy of duplicating files with a ".1" appended to the name.

The inbuilt Windows robocopy command, with the correct parameters, will synchronise. You can run it manually (which is all I ever do) or set it up as a schedule. I use robocopy to synch all my Lightroom items from a Mac onto a Windows 10 machine for a synchronised just-in-case copy.

I use to use sync toy to back up my LR images to my external HDD but after updating to win 10 is really sucks.
it bloats backup and slows everything down.
all I want is to synchronize my images most days.
does anyone here simply do this and what do you use?

I use sync toy - have for years. I haven't paid a lot of attention to its speed, as it is generally the last thing I do at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back