• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Sync Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tspear

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
After braking Cloudy desktop (I broke sync) and starting over and being more patient. :)
I have a question, how fast are others seeing the sync work?
I have a gigabit connection, a fast desktop and Cloudy is only using a couple percent of the CPU/GPIU, memory is only at 40% and disk is at 2% and network Lr is only using 35-50 Mbps. I shutdown all other traffic at the router to verify, and I also ran speed tests showing over 800 Mbps available the whole time. Just for grins, I did trace the calls from Lr to an AWS EC2 instance. So Adobe can make it faster :)

Based on watching the sync I am only seeing 1-2 images if old small jpeg per second or one larger 20mb from my DSLR every three to four seconds.

I've never really thought about the speed of the sync process. I usually import my 48mp NEFs into mobile Lightroom running on an iPadPro connected to my local internet via WiFi. Once that is done and I have reviewed these on the iPadPro I will go upstairs to my gigabit ethernets wire connected iMac and the new images are already present in my master catalog.
My home network is fiber gigabit connected to the world and Adobe Cloud. Wifi upload speeds are ~150mbps. My iMac downloads at near gigabit speeds (932mbps).

All of this infra structure will make a difference.

In my experience the time it takes to sync photos to / from Adobe's cloud varies dramatically. I have synced 100 RAW files in a matter of minutes but recently 20 phone photos took several hours and then didn't sync correctly. It took several days for the cloud and LRC to properly sync. I suspect the issue is traffic at Adobe's end.

Yeah, the performance over the weekend was abysmal. On Monday it picked up a little faster.
And loading the new 123 new 61mb images from my new Sony toy only took 15 minutes.

I still would expect Adobe to be have better management for burst capacity or higher demand times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back