• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Sync Issues with 132 photos, tried everything nothing seems to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Horne

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 11.2 [ 202201281441-a5b5f472 ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Hi all,

I spent the last month on the road. That whole time I used only my iPad for uploading, culling and editing my images via Lightroom. Yes, all images from the SD cards were also saved to 2 different SSD drives.

Got home on on Wednesday of this week and went to my desktop version of Lightroom Classic in the various albums/folders I created on my iPad. All of my images were there. All the images uploaded to the cloud via the iPad Pro were found in the correct folder and "show in finder" on my external hard dive on my home system. No files were missing.

On the plane on the way home I shot 132 photos which I imported them to my M1 MacMini from the SD card to one of the same albums I set up on my iPad while traveling. They uploaded fine and went into the correct folder on my home external hard drive (they also show in finder as such) but they have yet to sync with the same album/folder in Lightroom on my iPad.

I have tried everything! But no luck.

I tried starting and restating Lightroom on both devices. I tried power cycling both devices. I tried pausing sync and then starting it again on both devices. I tried rebuilding sync data, which for some reason made Lightroom crash/quit but then restart without rebuilding the sync data. Tried that three times with the same result each time. I even deleted the LR app from my iPad Pro and reinstalling it. All the albums/folders on the iPad Pro came back with all of the photos . . . except the 132 photos I imported to Lightroom Classic when I returned home!

So here I am looking for any help. Can anyone make a suggestion that will help. I know I could upload the same images from the SD card directly to the iPad Pro and the folder I want them in but I'm afraid if I do that I will end up with duplicate images on the M1MacMini.

Best regards,
David

Mac M1 MacMini, iPad Pro with Ver. 15.3.1, Lightroom Classic Version 11.2 on MacMini, Lightroom Version 7.2.1 on iPad Pro

My standard workflow is via an iPadPro to Lightroom and from Lightroom to Lightroom Classic.

If I understand the only issue is the 132 images that are in LrC but not in Lightroom on the iPadPro.

First you need to check if these images have sync'd to the Adobe Cloud. https://lightroom.adobe.com/

If they are not there check the sync activity in LrC to see if there are sync problems. Once I needed to relax in to the Adobe App Manager before the sync process would run on my LrC catalog.

If they are in the Adobe Cloud, check to see if your have a subscription that has storage large enough to accommodate ALL of the full size iPadPro Images that you loaded to the cloud.

Also check the sys status in Lightroom on the iPadPro.

My standard workflow is via an iPadPro to Lightroom and from Lightroom to Lightroom Classic.

If I understand the only issue is the 132 images that are in LrC but not in Lightroom on the iPadPro.

First you need to check if these images have sync'd to the Adobe Cloud. https://lightroom.adobe.com/

If they are not there check the sync activity in LrC to see if there are sync problems. Once I needed to relax in to the Adobe App Manager before the sync process would run on my LrC catalog.

If they are in the Adobe Cloud, check to see if your have a subscription that has storage large enough to accommodate ALL of the full size iPadPro Images that you loaded to the cloud.

Also check the sys status in Lightroom on the iPadPro.
Thanks Cletus.

It appears that I do have sync issues in lightroom.adobe.com to the tune of 256 files.

I investigated those files. Some of them appear to be some of the files that are not synced. There were 146 files that were from a year or more ago got hung up in there somehow. I clicked on one file and a message came up in the bottom of the screen that said "Sync has not finished for file "IMG_1688_jpg.heic". Open Lightroom on David's iPhone 12 to continue syncing. Added on 3/25/22.

Funny thing is I don't use Lightroom on my iPhone. I may have accidentally opened Lightroom on my iPhone once but I don't use it. But I also discovered that the phone version of Lightroom was set to auto import photos from my iPhone/Photo Library to Lightroom. I shut that off since I discovered that some of the hung files were iPhone photos.

I went through and deleted 146 of the files that were hung up. Now things are starting to look up. LrC is doing a colpletes sync of all my images in my catalog and counting down. There doesn't seem to be any issues so far. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you,
David

Well I give up! I'm ready to switch to Capture One.

Problem got worse instead of better! Now Sync is constantly running and will not stop and so is my external hard drive running constantly. The only way either of them will stop running is if I close LrC. The the drive stops running. But as soon as I open LrC again the drive starts running again and so does the sync counter in LrC. I'm pulling what little hair I have left on my 72 year old head out.

The 132 photos that wouldn't originally sync turned into 442, then 630, then 1800 who knows what it will be in 10 minutes from now cuz it seems to be changing by the minute.

What my LrC shows in All Synced Photos is 161249
In Sync Errors it shows 462 (I have tried to DELETE these but to no avail lightroom classic would not delete them.

The original 132 images that I can't sync with Lightroom for iPad show up in "All Synced Photograph" but they do not show up in lightroom.adobe.com

I exited my LrC and did a backup and an optimize. Then i started it back up again. It showed 680 photos syncing. I then did a Rebuild Sync Data. That did not solve the problem either and frankly I don't remember what it said when it was finished.

And just as a point of clarification, I have a 3TB Creative Cloud drive and it shows that only 1.2TB are used. That status is the same across all devices, iPhone, iPad Pro and of course the desktop version of Lightroom Classic.

And while we are on the subject, is there any way I can actually see the photographs that are stored and have been uploaded to the adobe creative cloud? Also is there any way to upload the 132 photos to the Creative Cloud from my desktop device?

Update. For those interested. Woke up this morning to a very nice surprise. Seems that LrC and Lightroom mobile decided to communicate with one another. All photos synced. All is well in Lightroom land now.

But I'm still considering the switch to Capture One. Seems they have an iPad version now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back