• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • 21 February 2024 It's Lightroom update time again! See What’s New in Lightroom Classic 13.2, Mobile & Desktop (February 2024)? for all the update news. It's mainly new cameras, new lenses and loads of bug fixes in this release.

Sync - delete all? Advice on starting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quantum

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have never got to grips with syncing. I toyed with it when it became available and now I have a bunch of stuff I don't really want in the cloud and wondered how to go about deleting all the Lightroom synced images. I presume all images are kept safe on the original hard drives?
SO I want to start all over again. This is my process.... don't be afraid to criticise!.......

I use a portable SSD for my main catalog. I generally connect this to my laptop and download and import new shoots to it. I'll do my culling here and quick edits. But then I move the SSD to my desktop later for any real quality work and then move the images I am keeping to a larger hard drive. The reason for cloud for me - I guess it would just be nice sometimes to be able to do some quick edits on my ipad or maybe some further culling or rating or sharing from the cloud

I understand that images are only synced from collections in Classic ad these are called albums on CC. That's about all!
I need a full instruction (video perhaps?) of how to start, Good practices - oh yeah and I've just noticed there's a bit called Specify Location for Lightrooms synced images in the preferences - never knew about this!

Thanks and I wait nervously for your replies!

Nobody?

In Preferences, Sync, Delete all Synced Data. Just make sure that any originals in the cloud (eg photos taken with the phone) have been synced down into your catalgue.

I recommend specifying your own location for synced images.

In Preferences, Sync, Delete all Synced Data. Just make sure that any originals in the cloud (eg photos taken with the phone) have been synced down into your catalgue.

B

But I've done this and it just takes you to the web. From there there seems no button or global way to delete everything apart from selecting all photos and deleting and then deleting again from the deleted folder.
Very clumsy.
Anyway I have done all the above and LR still says syncing. Seems to be stuck @Victoria Bampton ?

But I've done this and it just takes you to the web. From there there seems no button or global way to delete everything apart from selecting all photos and deleting and then deleting again from the deleted folder.

Try this: Open your catalog folder and remove the 'Catalogname Sync.lrdata' folder. Start Lightroom Classic. In Lightroom Classic remove all images from 'All Synced Photographs'. This should remove them from the cloud.

It used to launch a confirmation dialog. Maybe there is a bug?

Ok at quantum, John indicated in an earlier post " I recommend specifying your own location for synced images."
Just a thought.
I have chosen My Pictures folder where all my image files have been imported to LrC. This makes them show in the Folder Structure of the Lightroom Library see the screen captures.
Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 9.28.42 AM.png

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 9.28.00 AM.png

And I follow the same principle, setting it up so mobile photos drop into exactly the same dated structure as other photos.

Try this: Open your catalog folder and remove the 'Catalogname Sync.lrdata' folder. Start Lightroom Classic. In Lightroom Classic remove all images from 'All Synced Photographs'. This should remove them from the cloud.
Yay, that's dopne it thanks!. Why don't they make it easier?

Yay, that's dopne it thanks!. Why don't they make it easier?
It’s as easy as removing the images from ‘All Synced Photographs’. The part where you delete the sync.lrdata folder was only necessary because your syncing got stuck somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back