• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Sync between Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

hafeatherston

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC subscription 11.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
I am trying to sync photos from a Lightroom Classic collection and Lightroom and am getting an error

"Problem syncing with current catalog - This appears to be a duplicate or automatically created backup of your catalog. As it may not be current, sync has been disabled for this catalog. To make this your sync catalog, please relaunch Lightroom and enable sync."

I tried that, but got the same error. I went to File/Open Catalog which did not take me to where my catalog is located, so I changed the folder location to where my catalog is stored. Then it said it was syncing, but it kept syncing the same 17 photos that never reached Lightroom. Sync activity shows 40 pending files. There are only 22 in my collection that I'm trying to sync. I restarted after redirecting where the catalog is stored - same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you may now realize that you can only 'sync' one Classic Catalog to the Cloud eco-system. You need to decide the Classic catalog that is to be synced, and 'stick' with that.
The Error message suggests you have multiple catalogs in your system. Find Catalogs, and their locations, with File Explorer looking for .LRCAT file-types.
Be aware that as well as your Classic Catalog Collection syncing 'up'. you will also be syncing 'down' files from your mobile devices, which may explain discrepancies in numbers. And swapping Catalogs will really mess up the sync process.
Look in Preferences > Lightroom Sync > Sync Activity for info. Pressing the [Alt] key will also allow you to [Rebuild Sync Data]

Thank you for your reply. I only have the one catalog (verified in File Explorer), so I'm not sure where to go from here. The only other clue I have is if I go to File/Open Recent (which then displays my current, and only, catalog) and select it, the sync begins to appear to be working, but again nothing actually syncs. It continues to say there are 17 files syncing.
You mentioned [Rebuild Sync Data]. What does that do?

"[Rebuild Sync Data]. What does that do?" TBMK it refreshes a cache by comparing files in the Cloud with local files that LrC is syncing.
I do not have the expertise to provide a specific answer but others may chime in with some help.
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/synced-to-cloud/
I have read of others with the same problems- These forum posts may provide clues.
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/continual-syncing.40796/
https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...-to-have-stopped-syncing/m-p/11445542#M204548

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back