• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Print module Switching from PC to Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobH53

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 10.1.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I recently changed from a Windows 10 system to an iMac 27". I know there are some small differences in the pull down menus, but I have a question about the Print module. The "Print Preview" does not seem to work. There is an area in the upper left titled "Preview", but there is just an empty white box showing frame lines and no photo. Is there a switch somewhere to turn this on?

Also, I'm not sure how to enter paper profiles in this Mac version. Thanks.

Bob

Is there a switch somewhere to turn this on?
Nope. The print module has always worked this way on both Windows and Mac. I know it's confusing.

It’s not a print preview. A print preview is not needed because you see the print in the main window. It is a preview of the print template. Hover your cursor over the templates.

I recently changed from a Windows 10 system to an iMac 27". I know there are some small differences in the pull down menus, but I have a question about the Print module. The "Print Preview" does not seem to work. There is an area in the upper left titled "Preview", but there is just an empty white box showing frame lines and no photo. Is there a switch somewhere to turn this on?

Also, I'm not sure how to enter paper profiles in this Mac version. Thanks.

Bob
You have not started what printer you are using, I used Windows since inception , and printed with Canon printers from 2003 through 2015 when I changed to a iMac 27”.
The Canon printer settings and driver is very different from Win and Mac and I had quite a challenge in getting comfortable with the Mac.

With Windows, I could select “print preview” in which case a separate window popped up when I clicked on “Print”. That window had a preview of the photo including the options I had selected and there was also a menu at the top of this preview window where I could make some minor changes. This window had its own “Print” button which I would click if I liked the preview.

I’m using an Epson P-800.

Thanks!

Bob

Bob, Checkout the Printer Manual- https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd43251.pdf
The Print Preview you mention would be a feature of the Printer Driver Dialog. I would it expect to be available for both Windows and Mac installs of the Printer driver.

Windows-
ScreenShot409.jpg

Mac- (I do not have a Mac- so not sure what this "Preview" offers!)
ScreenShot410.jpg

Bob, Checkout the Printer Manual- https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd43251.pdf
The Print Preview you mention would be a feature of the Printer Driver Dialog. I would it expect to be available for both Windows and Mac installs of the Printer driver.

Windows-
View attachment 16179

Mac- (I do not have a Mac- so not sure what this "Preview" offers!)
View attachment 16180
Thanks. I looked up the Mac instructions in the printer manual. However, when I open the Print Options, all the options are shown EXCEPT “Preview”. Must be some quirk of my combination of LRC version and Big Sur....it’s not a major problem, just a little annoyance.

you may want to check out Qimage for Mac, this plugin/standalone simplifies printing a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back