• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Suggestions as to workflow for HDR brackets etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

theMusicMan

Hi All

I am making extensive use now of Smart Collections in my workflow, and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how best to manage the HDR process workflow please.

My shoots often contain a mixture of 5 shot brackets and single images, so I can't really use a keyword or metadata item to identify shots at import time as HDR, as many may not be part of a bracket. I guess once the images are imported, once I do the initial scan through and remove those I don't want, I could then use a keyword or metadata item to identify those shots that are part of a bracketed sequence.

Does anyone have any suggestions please as to how you manage this element of your workflow.

All ideas welcome.

Thanks
John

Last edited:
This might not work for everyone and does depend on your shooting style but I tend to shoot my bracketed shots in quick succession (sometimes using the burst mode setting on my camera to match the number of bracketed shots selected. I tend to relocate and recompose after each set of bracketed shots. This means that if I select the stacking option to stack by capture time and set the time range to 20 seconds I'm more or less guaranteed to get the right images in the right stack. Now and then I'll find an erroneous image has been added to a stack but it certainly cuts out a lot of manual work.

Of course if you don't shoot at a consistent speed or shoot your single shots close together this process may well create all kinds of odd stacks that cause more problems than they solve. As mentioned it does depend on shooting style, which you could adjust if this process sounds like something that could work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back