Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version
Lightroom 5.2, 64- bit.
Operating System
Windows 10
As of today, I cannot import from camera, card reader, or files on hard drive. Lightroom seems to be trying to do something, then just stops (for example, when trying to import from camera, the green light is flickering for awhile, then just stops). Able to download from camera to Nikon View just fine. Unable to import Tiff or Jpeg files as well. No error messages given. Lightroom seems to recognize the source, but it stays grayed out. Windows 10 operating system. Lightroom performs other operations, including export, just fine.

Replytoken

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
As of today, I cannot import from camera, card reader, or files on hard drive. Lightroom seems to be trying to do something, then just stops (for example, when trying to import from camera, the green light is flickering for awhile, then just stops). Able to download from camera to Nikon View just fine. Unable to import Tiff or Jpeg files as well. No error messages given. Lightroom seems to recognize the source, but it stays grayed out. Windows 10 operating system. Lightroom performs other operations, including export, just fine.
Welcome to the forum. Have you tried to create a new catalog? And have you tried to copy the images from your camera to your computer and then imported them from there? These steps will help eliminate possible problems as you troubleshoot.

--Ken

Last edited:
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Welcome to the forum. Have you tried to create a new catalog? and have you tried to copy the images from your camera to your computer and then imported them from there? These steps will help eliminate possible problems as you troubleshoot.

--Ken
Thanks, Ken, but I have tried both of those processes.
T

Replytoken

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Have you considered updating to LR 5.7.1? This was the last version released for LR5 and it is the most mature (and presumably bug free) release. It may solve your problems, and it is a free update.

--Ken

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
I will try that. It won't let me update from within LR so where can I go to get it?

Replytoken

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I will try that. It won't let me update from within LR so where can I go to get it?
Head to this page and scroll down until you see LR5: Download Photoshop Lightroom . Click the arrow to expand and you will see files for OS X and Windows. Clicking on the file will start the download. It is a large file, but Adobe's servers are often quite responsive, so as long as you have a good connection, it should not take too long. Report back what you find.

Good luck,

--Ken

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Thanks! Right now my computer is having some general work done on it. If that doesn't fix the problem, I will try this and will report back!

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Head to this page and scroll down until you see LR5: Download Photoshop Lightroom . Click the arrow to expand and you will see files for OS X and Windows. Clicking on the file will start the download. It is a large file, but Adobe's servers are often quite responsive, so as long as you have a good connection, it should not take too long. Report back what you find.

Good luck,

--Ken
Everything working now that computer is back from the shop.