• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Subscription only for iPad

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Hi, I have been waiting ages for lightroom to be released on iPad and thought my prayers had been answered but the problem is i do not have a cc subscription mainly because I have a hard copy of LR5 and also do not use photoshop as I prefer LR & elements. It's just a shame that I need to pay almost £9 per month to use an ipad App. I realise most have a cc subscription but I am one of the few who doesn't really have a great need for it but feel it would have been nice if adobe could have made it useable for those who do not require or want a subscription.
Adrian

Jack Henry

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Yeah, but the app is FREE right...... I like these statements

"...For a limited time, you can join a special Creative Cloud plan. It includes access to Photoshop CC and Lightroom desktop, mobile and web, plus feature updates and upgrades as they are available, 20 GB of cloud storage for file sharing and collaboration, and a Behance ProSite. And it's just A$9.99/month when you sign up for a one-year plan

"...If you’re not keen on subscribing to software, that’s ok. Lightroom mobile does require cloud access, so you would need to sign up for the Photographer’s Bundle if you want to use it, but you can still keep your perpetual license for Lightroom, and just use the Lightroom Sync space part of the cloud subscription..."

So I don't need to subscribe to the CC Photoshop/Lightroom BUT I do need to subscribe to a Cloud for $9.99 / month.

No thanx......

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
I already have a cd version of lightroom 5 and do not use photoshop so why should I have to pay £9 per month
to use the APP.
adrian

hokuahi

Anyone having problems logging in to the mobile app from LR 5.4? I keep getting an error message telling me "Lightroom has experienced an unexpected Sign In failure. Please try again later. (attempt to index a nil value)"

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Anyone having problems logging in to the mobile app from LR 5.4? I keep getting an error message telling me "Lightroom has experienced an unexpected Sign In failure. Please try again later. (attempt to index a nil value)"
Quite a lot of users are having this problem, which is actively being progressed by Adobe. See this thread from the official bug reporting site:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/cannot_sign_in_to_lightroom_mobile_from_lightroom_5_4

jndm

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I already have a cd version of lightroom 5 and do not use photoshop so why should I have to pay £9 per month
to use the APP.
adrian
What is most stupid for me is how price is constructed for Europe. In Us is that 9.99 USD. In Europe price is 12.29 EUR (including VAT). Which means they take price in USD, change it to EUR 1:1 and add VAT.

So instead of 12 USD (9.99 USD + VAT 21% for my country) price in USD for Europe is 17 USD (12.29 EUR). Thats nearly twice as US price!