• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Subfolder not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

David PZ

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
Usually, when I import new images from my iPhone to LR, they show up in my Temporary subfolder under the My Lightroom Photos folder in the right panel under Destination. Somehow that folder disappeared after I clicked some button. So I set up another one named Temporary in the left panel under My Lightroom Photos. But when I import, this new subfolder does not show up in the right panel under My Lightroom Photos under Destination. What gives? (By the way, only a small number of subfolders are shown there, even though there are many more folders in the left panel under My LR Photos.)

Hi David, it's kind of tough to visualize what you're seeing here, so a screenshot or two might help.

The first screen shot shows the Temporary subfolder I set up on the left.
The second screen shot shows the subfolder on the right after I clicked Import – I do not see the Temporary subfolder.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 6.49.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 6.49.29 PM.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 6.55.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 6.55.01 PM.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 292
That temporary folder is in another place than the folder hierarchy you selected in the import dialog. I can’t see where it is, but it is that the same level as some dated folders. These dated folders also don’t show in the second screenshot, however.

Well, I solved the problem. I suspect it has something to do with Dropbox, which Victoria pointed out regarding a separate issue in the past. I have already terminated Dropbox. Anyway, after clicking it open I saw the My Lightroom Photos folder with all the correct subfolders, including all the new ones I set up after I dropped Dropbox, and the Temporary subfolder. I took a couple of shots, imported them and they show up correctly in the Library left panel. So LR still uses the same folders under Dropbox, which is just a name. I suppose I could eliminate Dropbox in the hierarchy, but I don't want to risk doing it. Looks like it all started with me clicking the wrong key, the Temporary folder disappeared, and in trying to get it back, I just did not think that I still needed to go through Dropbox.

Thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back