Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Lightroom Version
Perpetual 6.14
Operating System
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi..I've read FAQ's and this one has not been asked. I've also googled the problem to no avail. I've been trying to sort this for days now.

I've recently installed Lightroom 6.0 (Perpetual) and successfully updated to LR6 .14 and it runs on a new 27" iMac latest version High Sierra 10.13.6

The sub-folders are only showing the first letter of each category. For example. Main Folder - 'Birds'. First sub-folder..Avocet. Only the A shows. Blackbird..only the B shows, Cranes only the C.... shows. The whole list is like this and the first letter is followed by dots. A..... B..... C....etc.

I've tried to rename but it doesn't work. I also have LR3 & 4 and have never experienced this problem. I'm wondering if the problem lies in the import window when I create a sub-folder ? Although I have' import when card reader is sensed' I have to go to File > and import that way. I can't see that causing a problem though. The import window shows and I select the folder and input the subfolder name in the box.

Thanks.

JohanElzenga

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Sounds like your left panel is simply too narrow for Lightroom to show the entire name. You are lucky that you use MacOS X. The Mac version of Lightroom has a little trick. Hold down the Option key and place your cursor on the line that separates the panel and the middle section. The cursor changes into a line with arrows on each side. Now click the mouse button and start dragging to the right. You can expand the left panel this way to almost the middle of the screen. That should be enough to show the entire folder names... :)

Lightroom.jpg

Chessman

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
So Simple. Lol.

Many thanks. All showing now .:thumbsup: