Status
Not open for further replies.

ddement

Premium Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
I'm testing compression and sizing for sending email from LR2 to a client whom I don't want to get full-res images until they order. I sent one to myself at extreme compression - 2'% as a test. Now I want to compare by using less compression, but the LR send screen no longer shows the compression settings so I'm stuck at 2'.

Nothing at all in LR Help about email, and nothing in a search on "email settings" this site.

How do I change email settings? Thanks.

Hi ddement, welcome to the forum!

What pixel dimensions are you resizing to? What size are you hoping to get down to? For email, I'd usually do something along the lines of 8''px longest edge, quality 6'.

What are your details - LR/system etc.
Welcome aboard but please fill in your signature, thanks.....

Email compression setting

Hi - The setting for pixel dimensions is done in the email client screen and I can set that to any of four settings at any time - that's under my control.

My question was how to get control of the setting for compression. That's apparently done in LR. The first time I did this from LR Export rt-clk/To Email I got a screen that enabled the JPG compression setting and I set it to 2'%. I need to set it anywhere I want to. That dialog screen hasn't appeared again and there's no help information on getting to it that I can find. I just get Explorer showing the completed compressed filename.

Oh ok, I think I'm with you.

Initial thought - you'd be better setting the pixel dimensions in LR's export dialog too.

But just talk me through how you're doing this?

I've worked it out myself. As I noted, my procedure is to select a file, then rt-clk it: choose Export / For Email click and it's done, with no settings selections. That's nice full automation for the long term.

The answer to my question about setting compression is not do this, but instead click on the Export button and set the jpg compression setting there. Then after this first time, the setting sticks for the other procedure as above.

Hope this helps others. I think there should be some help info on email.

Thanks for your attention to this.

ddement

Thanks for reporting back! Very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back